Mediatonic is a leading independent developer, focused on building and operating live games.
We’ve been in business for 13 years and with a development team of over 120 people, we’re one of the largest independent studios in the UK.
With studios in both London, Brighton and Madrid, we’re committed to developing best in class titles that entertain millions of players.
- Autonomously run a large product team from inception to completion
- Be the first point of contact for anything feature or product related including schedule, budget, product vision, alignment, client management and team morale
- Set up and manage Agile based processes to allow the team to keep track of tasks and progress in an efficient way
- Help foster a happy and productive cross discipline team
- Lead the team by example, fostering a positive "can-do" atmosphere that drives the team to perform beyond their expectations
- Be responsible for the overall quality of the product balancing budget, time and resources to maximise in this area
- Own the schedule, ensure deadlines are met, address or escalate where this is not possible
- Help to set and track KPI targets
- Liaise with external contractors and outsourcers to make sure assets are produced on time and to a high quality
- Be the point person for publisher contact, owning and maintaining a healthy working relationship
- Clear and regular communication of progress to all stakeholders including external partners
- Own the P+L for a product
- Liaise with the Production Director and wider production team to ensure the product is resourced appropriately and within budget
- Manage risk, mitigation and contingencies for the product and escalate where appropriate
- Contribute to the production team helping to improve processes across the studio
- Mentor junior members of the production team
- Experience on multiple games, from development to release and ideally beyond
- A good knowledge of light-touch production systems that allow teams to thrive without unnecessary admin.
- A thorough understanding of production processes
- A strong working experience of one or more task tracking tool (e.g. Jira or Hansoft)
- An understanding of KPI driven development
- Experience of live operations on a free-to-play game a strong plus
- Attention to detail
- Excellent time keeping
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Able to work to frequent and tight deadlines
- Able to work effectively in a team
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation and communication skills
- Strong leadership skills
Why Choose Mediatonic?
You LOVE games and want to be surrounded by talented [super nice] people who share your passion for brilliant game experiences
You enjoy a rich variety of projects rather than working on a single franchise or business model for years at a time
You care about making a big impact on your projects and so you appreciate the beauty of working in smaller teams
You want to work on next generation platforms including Smartphones, Tablets, Steam, XBOX One and PS4
You enjoy the buzz of being based in the heart of Britain’s greatest cities!
Above all, we take pride in crafting games that challenge and inspire us every day.
We hire experts to take on the biggest creative and technical challenges we can get our hands on and we invest in our people for the long term.
Working in small and ambitious teams we strive for minimal hierarchy. Our philosophy is to be open in informal.
Our studios are based in the heart of central London and Brighton, both have their own games rooms and fully stocked fridge. You’ll find plenty of social activities during and outside of work time including game nights, board game nights, life drawing classes, game jams, tech talks, pub trips and a visiting chef once a month who provides lunch for the whole company.
Games are fun! We believe if you have fun making them, it shows through in the final product.
Applying for this Role
We receive thousands of applications every year. As a small team we try our best to respond to everyone but we don’t always get this right. We know how hard it is to find the right role and we’re really grateful for every application we receive.